1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our Service. The types of information we collect depends on the services and the features you use on the Service. Certain types of information are needed for us to provide the Service to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete that information, you may no longer be able to access or use certain Service.
a. Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your device when you visit the Site, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Furthermore, we also collect information when you browse the Site about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect such information using the following technologies:
- We automatically collect certain information about your device when you visit the Site, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Furthermore, we also collect information when you browse the Site about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” to record information about how you browse the Site;
- “Log files” to track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
b. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information that you provide directly to us through:
- Your use of our Service, that is when you register for an account, make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase;
- Your subscription to newsletters;
- Your reviews of our products;
- Your registration for promotions;
- Your requests for support and/or technical assistance;
- Your feedback given to us through social media direct message conversations, emails or surveys; and
- Your transmission of content (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments).
The information you provide directly to us may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, age, username, password, payment information (including credit card numbers), e-mail address, and phone number.
c. Social Media Platforms
When you “follow” or “like” us on Facebook, Instagram or other social media platforms, we may collect some information from you such us your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up or participate in a promotion (for example, sweepstakes), or submit information to us through social media platforms
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information among others:
- To provide you with the Service, including to register you for an account and process transactions, remember your preferences and customize the Service;
- To send you promotional e-mails, surveys, newsletters, or notifications;
- To communicate with you or to respond to your questions or inquiries, including to provide support and troubleshooting assistance;
- To administer promotions, sweepstakes, or surveys;
- To analyze, improve and optimize the Service, our marketing and our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- To comply with our legal obligations and enforce our terms of service;
- To screen for potential risk and fraud;
- To protect the safety and integrity of our users, employees, third parties, and our Service.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share or disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- Partners. We may share information with our partners, for example, with retailer partners to help address your customer service requests.
- Service Providers. We may share information with third parties that help us operate our business and provide the Service. For example, we may use a payment processor to receive payments, a cloud storage provider to store data, or a logistics fulfillment service provider to process shipments.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics to prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Shopify. We use Shopify to power our online store. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- When Legally Required or to Protect the Service. We may share your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as permitted by laws, or to otherwise enforce our terms of service or protect our rights.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated or de-identified data without limitation. For example, we may share de-identified data with our partner makeup artists, chemists and manufacturers for future product development purposes.
- Otherwise with Your Consent or at Your Direction. We may in addition to the above share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
4. Tailored Advertising
We use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising here:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
5. Your Choices
You have certain options with respect to your information, such as:
- Profile Information and Accounts: If you have an account on the Service, you can access and edit the information you provided to us through individual settings in the Service. You can also access, correct, amend or delete your information or account by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- Marketing E-mails: To opt out of marketing e-mail communications, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails.
6. International Users and Consent to Transfer
7. Third-Party Websites
The Service may link to third-party websites from companies other than Minori, such as to our partner makeup artists, our partners’ websites, payment processors, and other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites.
9. Contacting Us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or if you require more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
Minori Inc [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] 3905 24th street, San Francisco, CA, 94114
10. California Residents
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising certain of your rights as provided for in the CCPA. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Service to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Service.
We do not engage in selling personal information based on the definition of “sell” in the CCPA. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights to access and deletion rights described above, please submit a consumer request that can be verifiable by Minori at email@example.com.
Last Updated: September 10th, 2021